Don’t you absolutely hate seeing people on a metro or airport, with their noses deep inside the books. I hear some of them take book you are holding as a recommendation letter of you. And some treat their Kindle as a legacy that will pass on to their kids. I have tried reading before, but I don’t really think it might be my thing. But yeah, I won’t mind reading. 2018 might be a good year to start.
Well if this sounds even a teeny weeny bit on what’s on your mind as of now, I think I might be of a little help. You see, I was one of the lucky ones. I lived my era of Famous Five and Nancy Drew and then some Princess Dairies. And went on to live a few more of those great eras. I can go on about the books I fell after that, but it sounds like recounting all the relationships I have had. That should be another story. Let’s get to the matter at hand. How do you become a reader and have some relationships of your own.
I drew the graph below that might help you find you that one book, which will be your gateway to this club you are unaware and yet exists.
Disclaimer: All these books below are read by me in 2017 and do not bite. If you do end up reading one of them after this, do drop me a message. I love playing matchmaker, in my head.
If you did manage to pick one of the books, here are some of the pointers you need to know.
- Do not. Do not ever say you like reading, and then go on to say, “You have read all the Chetan Bhagat books”. Read the first two words again.
- Harry Potter is how we define our childhood. Most of us have memories of snuggling up these books on a chilly winter night. You do not tread this holy ground, without reverence for JK Rowling or Slytherins.
- Adding textbooks on GoodReads doesn’t count. Comics are allowed.
- Do add books on GoodReads. Even if we don’t talk, I like you because of that book review you wrote on GoodReads.
- Never catch a flight before scrounging the bookstore.
- Do not take a book from my hand to see, and give it back, opened on the wrong page.
- Gift books after stalking us on GoodReads. You shall be remembered forever.
- Now, go back to the graph above and pick a book if you didn’t in the first go.
Until next time,
PS: I made like GoodReads list of all the books I mentioned here. Feel free to message if you want helping finding an e-copy for yourselves!